Thursday, December 31, 2020

Top Ten Posts of 2020

Today is the LAST day of 2020!  What a historically incredible year it has been - and when I say "incredible" I mean it has been an incredibly difficult year and a year like no other.  I read an article in Time magazine yesterday that reflected upon this past year.  The writer, Time's film critic, Stephanie Zacharek, wrote "This is the story of a year you'll never want to revisit.  There have been worse years in U.S. history, and certainly worse years in world history, but most of us alive today have seen nothing like this one."

Zacharek ended the article (it's definitely worth a read) with the following dose of optimism and hope, "Our optimism is our most ridiculous trait, and our greatest. It can’t always be morning in America. Sometimes we have to get through the darkest hour just before. The aurora bides its time."  Here's hoping that we are passing through the darkest hours and that it will soon be morning again.

As I have done in the past, here are the top blog posts from the past year.  I want to personally thank those of you who read my posts.  As I stated in my first blog post on January 2, 2016 ("First blog post!"), I don't claim to be an expert on leadership, so I write this blog for my own personal learning as much as anyone else's.  With today's post, Leadership Reverie will be up to 489 posts and well over 100,000 views.  It's been a great experience for me, and I have learned a lot about myself in my writing.  

Thomas J. Watson (Chairman and CEO of  IBM from 1914-1956) once said, "Nothing so conclusively proves a man's ability to lead others as what he does from day to day to lead himself."  As I wrote 488 posts ago, "Leadership has to start by looking inward at what you do with your own life."  Here's to another year of writing, learning, and sharing with all of you.  And here's hoping 2021 will be an easier year for all of us!

1.  "Tap Code" (February 9, 2020)
2.  "To protect the whole line" (June 16, 2020)
5.  "Vontae Mack no matter what"  (July 22, 2020)
6.  "Taming the Chaos" (February 23, 2020)
7.  "A brief hiatus" (July 11, 2020)
8.  "Death by meeting" (March 4, 2020)
9.  "A tale of two leaders" (February 26, 2020) 
10. "How 'bout those 'Heels?" (April 12, 2020) 

No comments:

Post a Comment