Thursday, January 18, 2024

Res ipsa loquitur

I wrote about former New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick last week (see "All Things Must Pass").  Apparently Coach Belichick has interviewed with at least one other NFL team this past week, and I believe all the experts expect him to be coaching again next year with a new NFL team.  Regardless, I came across an excellent post by Professor Michael Roberto ("Lessons from the Closing of the Belichick Era in New England") that was short enough that I thought I would pass it on.  Roberto writes:

"Simple, but powerful, lesson from the Belichick era's closing chapter in New England: Open up your inner circle as you grow older, invite new voices inside, and keep questioning whether the formula for past success continues to apply in a changing environment."

I think the post speaks for itself.  I couldn't agree more, and I don't think I could make Roberto's point any better or more clear.  So I will leave it - as they say in Law, Res ipsa loquitur (from Latin meaning "the thing speaks for itself").

No comments:

Post a Comment