Thursday, August 24, 2023

Are you emotionally resilient?

I came across an interesting post a few weeks ago by Dr. Cortney Warren.  It was the title that caught my attention: "Harvard psychologist: If you use any of these 9 phrases every day, you're more emotionally resilient than most."  It's worth a read.  Please don't misunderstand - if you are not necessarily an emotionally resilient person, uttering these phrases won't make you more resilient.  Rather, these 9 phrases are more frequently used by those individuals who are more resilient than their peers.  

Here are the 9 phrases:

1. "I can get through this."

2. "I'm not going to let myself be a victim."

3. "Life is hard."

4. "This, too, shall pass."

5. "What can I learn from this?"

6. "I need some time."

7. "I still have things to be grateful for."

8. "It is what it is."

9. "I'm letting this go."

I was somewhat gratified (maybe relieved is a better word) to realize that I've used at least a few of these phrases a few times in the last week or so.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment