Thursday, December 19, 2019

Top 10 Leadership Reverie Blog Posts for 2019

It seems that there are a lot of "Top 10" or "Top 100" lists that come out this time of year.  So, just like I did last year, I wanted to provide you with a recap of the "Top 10" Leadership Reverie blog posts for 2019 (there was a tie for 10th place):


1.  He had no shoes!     1/31/2019
2.  Two sisters and an orange     2/27/2019
3.  "Do we need a National Women Physician's Day" - one year later     2/3/2019
4.  If you want to improve safety, take a FOD walk     2/12/2019
5.  "All along the watchtower..."     2/17/2019
6.  Word choice matters     7/31/2019
7.  The Periodic Table of Leadership     3/3/2019
8.  "Dad is hangry again!"     3/10/2019
9.   Invest your money wisely...     3/22/2019
10. The Alabama Paradox     1/16/2019
      "You're not you when you're hungry..."     6/5/2019


I really enjoy writing this blog.  As it says in the tagline, I wanted a place to collect random thoughts and stories about leadership.  The fact that a few individuals read these random thoughts and stories makes it all the more worthwhile.  So, thank you to all of you for your interest!


Stay tuned for a new list of some of my favorite "leadership books" in 2020, listed on the right-hand side of the blog's web page. 


As some of you may already know, 2020 is going to bring a lot of changes for me, both personally and professionally.  After spending the past 15 years at a children's hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, I will be moving to a new position in Chicago, Illinois!  I will still plan on posting at least twice a week, even with the new job!


Finally, as the year 2019 comes to a close, I want to leave you all with a couple of quotes to welcome in the new year:




"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."

Ralph Waldo Emerson




"Your success and happiness lies in you.  Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties."


Helen Keller




"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man."


Benjamin Franklin



1 comment:

  1. I genuinely enjoy reading your blog. It is well-researched and wholly positive. One of the few places on the internet where I don't feel like I'm aggressively being sold something. Reminds me of the early days of online when everyone had a blog and wrote for the sake of writing, the pre-influencer era.
    I subscribe by email so you may not see me in your readership numbers, I'm sure many others do the same. Keep at it!

    Good luck with your move and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete